Posted on Thursday June 14, 2018We're releasing our July titles ahead of the National Square Dance Convention in Kansas City at the end of the month. (Will we see you there?) We have three songs from the classic Red Boot library (two of them Elvis Presley songs), and three new patters:
- RIV 855 - Bring Back Your Love To Me (Vocal by Dan Nordbye, formerly RB 181)
- RIV 854 - Are You Lonesome Tonight (Vocal by Scott Smith from Chic Recordings, formerly RB 3009)
- RIV 853 - Swing Down Sweet Chariot (Vocal by Ted Kennedy, formerly RB 3066)
- RIV 842 - Bluegrass Swing (Patter)
- RIV 841 - Forest Falcons (Patter)
- RIV 840 - Cotton Pickers (Patter)
Posted on Friday May 18, 2018We have three new patters, and six re-releases from the classic Red Boot library, including two patriotic songs in time for Memorial Day and the 4th of July:
- RIV 852 - Arkansas Traveler (Patter)
- RIV 851 - Seahorses (Patter)
- RIV 850 - Brussel Sprouts (Patter)
- RIV 849 - Baby I'm Burning(Vocal by Bob Elling, formerly RB 242)
- RIV 848 - America The Beautiful (Vocal by Dan Nordbye, formerly GS 715)
- RIV 847 - God Bless America (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone, formerly GS 712)
- RIV 846 - Song In The Night (Original Red Boot vocal by Bill Harrison (courtesy ESP Recordings), formerly RB 293)
- RIV 844 - Ragged But Right (Vocal by Steve Moore (courtesy Chic Recordings), formerly GS 721)
- RIV 843 - Gonna Have A Party (Vocal by Dan Nordbye, formerly RB 286; includes harmony track)
We'd like to credit Terry Reardon from San Diego for mixing and enhancing the music on these re-releases. Dan also spent a whole day in Terry's studio, recording vocals. Thanks, Terry!
Posted on Tuesday May 01, 2018Our latest mini-package has just hit the website! 2018 Summer Gold features 8 titles for $40, or you can buy individual titles for $10 each.
One of these titles is a patter that has been creating a stir on Facebook by callers who heard it prior to its release. RIV 1022 - Boogie Sticks is now available!
The full list of Summer Gold titles:
- RIV 1016 - Heaven Is My Woman's Love (Vocal by ESP's Elmer Sheffield)
- RIV 1017 - Calico Pie (Vocal by ESP's Darryl Lipscomb)
- RIV 1018 - When I Saw Your Face In The Moon (Vocal by Ron Schneider)
- RIV 1019 - Turn It On (Vocal by Dan Nordbye; split-track harmony and background vocals by Chic's Steve Moore and by Carol Hilliard (Reardon))
- RIV 1020 - Big Rock Candy Mountains (Vocal by Chic's Scott Smith)
- RIV 1021 - I Wish It Would Rain (Vocal by Mike Pogue)
- RIV 1022 - Boogie Sticks (Patter)
- RIV 1023 - One And Only (Vocal by Ko Iwata, Keita Takahata, Elite's Mitchell Osawa and Kumi Takahashi)
All now available at the Riverboat website, on the Packages page.
Pick one or two, or get all 8 for half the price of the individual titles!
Posted on Tuesday April 17, 2018This time around, we have two brand-new songs from our Japanese friends, four songs from the classic Red Boot library, and three new patters:
- RIV 839 - Mama (Patter)
- RIV 838 - Romeo (Patter)
- RIV 837 - Wizard Of Oz (Patter)
- RIV 836 - This Is My Year For Mexico (Vocal by Ted Clements, formerly RB 196)
- RIV 835 - Hello Mexico (Vocal by Ted Clements, formerly RBS 1246)
- RIV 834 - Boogie Grass Saturday Night (Vocal by Dan Nordbye, formerly RB 3010)
- RIV 833 - Take Me Out To The Ball Game (Vocal by Bob Elling, with harmony on a split track by Dan Nordbye, Terry Reardon, Carol Hilliard and Leo Catt [courtesy Fine Tune Records]; formerly JBK 122)
- RIV 832 - Jesus Is Your Ticket To Heaven (Vocal by Duke Okada, Mitchell Osawa, Kumi Takahashi, with harmony by Duke and Kumi)
- RIV 831 - You Can Feel It In Your Soul (Vocal by Max Masao Ringe, Keita Takahata, Mitchell Osawa, Kumi Takahashi, with harmony [with or without bass] by Masao, Keita and Kumi)
Posted on Wednesday April 04, 2018We've just added female versions of two songs out of our existing catalog:
- RIV 774 - I Need A Hero (female vocal by Krista Baird)
(From our 2018 Riverboat Gold package)
- RIV 352 - Medals For Mothers (female vocal by Regina Schulz)
Besides the vocals, I Need A Hero also includes a music track pitched for the female vocalist. Medals For Mothers now has a split-track harmony, with music on one channel and the harmony vocals on the other, so you can mix it to your satisfaction.
Also -- Medals For Mothers is a great song for Mother's Day, which is coming up next month. The orignal music that Justin Russell recorded his vocal on is still good for guys, but ladies can try the female tracks as well!