Posted on Tuesday July 14, 2020A slow month this month. Here in California, our governor has just announced a rollback in the reopening that has been taking place, so it looks like it'll be even longer before we can get back to square dancing again.
However, we do have a few titles coming out for you this month. Three new patters, a new singing call, a re-release from the classic Red Boot library, and another tune from Bubba Mingus' IAM Music catalog:
- RIV 975 - Sky Full Of Angels (Vocal by Kumi Takahashi, Duke Okada, Mitchell Osawa; harmony by Kumi)
- RIV 974 - Devil Woman (Vocal by Bubba Mingus; formerly IAM 001)
- RIV 973 - Sweet Baby Jane (Male vocal by Ted Kennedy, female by Nelda Eaton; formerly RB 177)
- RIV 972 - Vacation (Patter)
- RIV 971 - Sunrise Serenade (Patter)
- RIV 970 - Sadie Hawkins (Patter)
Note that "Devil Woman" is NOT the Marty Robbins song. It's a completely different song originally by Cliff Richard, and a nice fit for a Halloween dance.
Give them a listen and have some fun!
Posted on Tuesday June 09, 2020We have a few releases for you this month at our website, www.riverboat.com/records/allmp3.php -- two new patters, and two re-releases from the classic Red Boot library:
- RIV 969 - Don't Get Around Much Any More (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone; formerly RB 3076)
- RIV 968 - Bobby Socks (Patter)
- RIV 967 - Lads and Lassies (Patter)
- RIV 966 - Smokey Mountain Breakdown (Patter; Formerly RB 303)
In addition, Brent Mawdsley has provided the vocal for the male version of last month's release RIV 964 - Annie's Song. Plus, Linda Rawlinson has contributed a female vocal (with re-keyed instrumental) for RIV 343 - So Long Red River Valley.
You can listen to samples and/or purchase at our website. The newest releases are always at the top of the listing (including package titles that have been recently released from package, as with the 2018 Summer Gold package that un-bundled last month).
Posted on Sunday May 17, 2020They say that April showers bring May flowers -- but around here, we only had about 1/2 inch of rainfall in April, and getting out to see the flowers is problematic. So we're bring you five releases this month: three new patters, plus a song from the classic Red Boot library. Plus, Bubba Mingus is bringing his "I Am Music" collection over to Riverboat, with the first one releasing this month:
- RIV 965 - You Make My Pants Want To Get Up And Dance (Vocal by Bubba Mingus; formerly IAM 002)
- RIV 964 - Annie's Song (Vocal by Heather Reynolds)
- RIV 963 - Sweet Dreams (Patter)
- RIV 962 - Rose Of Summer (Patter)
- RIV 961 - New Beginnings (Patter)
Annie's Song is, of course, the late John Denver's ode to his wife. And Disney fans will immediately recognize the song behind New Beginnings.
We also have a female vocal added to one of our prior releases. Nelda Eaton has added her rendition to RIV 929 - Taste Of The Wind, with accompanying instrumental rekeyed to D. As always, if you've already purchased that title and would like the new tracks, contact Bob Elling directly.
Hoping that all of you are weathering the current difficulties, and looking forward to a return to living and calling in the near future!
Posted on Friday April 10, 2020In spite of the trying times in which we find ourselves today (or, possibly, to distract us from them), we are making a few new releases in the month of April, and are also adding a couple of female versions of songs already in our catalog:
- RIV 960 - Born To Run (Vocal by Duke Okada and Kumi Takahashi, with harmony by Kumi)
- RIV 959 - Latin Party (Patter)
- RIV 958 - Catfish (Patter)
- RIV 957 - Caribbean Vacation (Patter)
Born To Run isn't the Bruce Springsteen song; rather, it's a song introduced by Emmylou Harris and later done by Jessie Buckley in the movie "Wild Rose."
We also have a new female vocal for RIV 238 - White Lightning, done by Nelda Eaton, as well as a female version (in key F) for RIV 871 - This Is Me (the song from the movie "The Greatest Showman"), done by Krista Baird.
We hope you are all weathering this situation without serious strains. Purchasing music may not be an essential activity, but we're presenting these releases in the hope that it might help to break the monotony of sheltering at home and perhaps make things a bit more enjoyable!
Posted on Friday February 21, 2020In the wake of our 2020 Winter Gold package, we have four new releases for February (a singing call and three patters), plus new female versions for 4 other songs already in our catalog. The new stuff first:
- RIV 956 - Romance (Patter)
- RIV 955 - Big Dipper (Patter)
- RIV 954 - High Winds (Patter)
- RIV 952 - Prove You Wrong (Vocal by Mitchell Osawa from Elite Records, accompanied by [and with harmony by] Kumi Takahashi)
The new rekeyed female versions added to the catalog: (as always, if you've already purchased any of these and want the new tracks, contact Bob)
- RIV 261 - Mas Fina (New female version with vocal by Nelda Eaton)
- RIV 291 - Pickle Up A Doodle (New female version with vocal by Linda Rawlinson)
- RIV 348 - Born This Way (New female version with vocal by Krista Baird)
- RIV 446 - Matamoras (New female version with vocal by Nelda Eaton)
All of these are now available on our website. www.riverboat.com/records -- to find the songs with new female versions, just use the song search function.