gift certificates can be purchased from PayPal in denominations good
for anywhere from one ($6) to five ($30) single song purchases, or the
2015 Gold package ($125). Certificates may be either printed out and given
to the recipient, or sent automatically to an email address. (See important note #2 below!!!)
Click one of the certificate thumbnails below to start the process.
Things To Know...
- While the person buying the gift certificate does not have to have a PayPal account, the person redeeming the certificate must have a PayPal account. That person can sign up for an account at any time prior to redeeming the certificate; at checkout, when they log into their account there will be a payment option for redeeming PayPal gift certificates.
- If you buy a certificate and choose to send it to an email address, the recipient may not receive a notification from PayPal that they have received a gift certificate. If they have an existing PayPal account linked to the email address you give, the certificate will be silently added to their account without any notice necessarily being sent. Because of this, we recommend that you personally send the recipient an email to let them know of your gift!
- Emailed certificates can only be redeemed by the person to whom they are sent. Printed certificates can be transferred, if a recipient email address is not included. (This is a PayPal limitation, not ours!)
- Multiple gift certificates can be redeemed on a single purchase. Unused balances can be saved for later purchases — the certificates do not expire and do not accrue maintenance fees.
- When the recipient goes to use the gift certificate, they will check out through PayPal as normal, using their PayPal account. When PayPal asks them to choose which payment method to use, there will be a blue link for redeeming gift certificates. When that link is clicked, the certificate number will be listed to be selected (if the certificate was emailed) and/or there will be a space to type in the number from a printed certificate. Once that is done, the certificate amount will be deducted from the amount to be paid.
Picture of printed certificate